Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Poulet Vallee d'Auge

One of the things I do when I have too much time to spare is cooking. I think I can get better bang for my buck by getting good ingredients at Whole Foods and cook my own gourmet meals rather than paying the premium that restaurants charge. Furthermore, I learn something new every time I cook.

One of my favorite meal is Poulet Vallee d'Auge. There are many recipes for this classic Normandy dish, but my favorite is this one from cooking.com. My fiancee called this my signature dish. Aftercooking this many times, I learned that the secret is using a flat skillet and not to use too much apple cider, because if not the sauce tend to separate easily between the oil based cream and juice and the water based cider. I buy clarified butter from Whole Foods rather than making it myself as described in the recipe.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It`s really nice article. Thank u a lot