Thursday, March 15, 2007

What Do You Think About Pfizer?

Wow, it seems that people don't have much respect for Pfizer, the giant drug company that dedicates itself to humanity's quest for longer, healthier, happier lives through innovation in pharmaceutical, consumer, and animal health products. I was browsing through the Biofind Rumor Mill, a message board where pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry insiders share "insightful information" about the industry and players.

This thread titled "5 words that come to mind when u hear Pfizer" attracted my attention today. And at the time of writing, I can only find five neutral/positive posts in there. two of which were at the beginning of the thread:

* Caring, happy, children, smiling, women.
* ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

Well, it went downhill from there. Most of the positive toned comments I found were mostly about the company's leading Erectile Dysfunction pill:

* PILLS THAT GIVE GREAT ERECTIONS!
* My Grandfather Has Sex Now!

And another one is not really an opinion, but hinted at Pfizer's possible M&A strategy.

* Looking to buy Abbott Labs

Some of the classic ones:

* I've no intention of staying
* change, turmoil, lack of productivity, downhill, demise
* You paid Hank how much?

There are some other good ones in the thread, but I decided not to post them here. I am trying to keep this site at least PG-13 rated.

Well, I suspect that the people who posted in the thread are probably mostly disgruntled Pfizer (former) employees. And like everything else, people who are happy about something tend to be quieter. But I think this thread suggested that Pfizer's PR has some work to do.

Disclaimer: I and my relatives don't own Pfizer stocks, but I own some Abbott stocks.

No comments: