Friday, March 02, 2007

Where's my Wii?

OK initially I wanted PS3 for Christmas. But during our Christmas shopping, my fiancee spotted a Wii demo and she got hooked. So we scratched out PS3 and decided to get Wii instead. Ok after trying (not so) hard we didn't get any Wii under our Christmas tree. I didn't manage to get Wii for my recent birthday either. It's simply flying out of the shelves faster than I can say Wee. However, to my surprise I have been able to spot a stack of PS3's at my local BestBuy and Target. It's been tempting to grab one but $700 is a steep price to pay, and we don't even have an HDTV yet. So for now we decided to continue watching patiently for any Wii's to show up in our friendly neighborhood retailers' shelves.

it's impressive, that Nintendo with Wii has been able to overtake Sony's dominance in thie new gen console war. Look at this sales chart, courtesy of vgcharts.com. Yes Sonny was behind, because it had production problem, even now I think Nintendo has more production capacity for Wii than Sony does for PS3, but I can't find my Wii and find a small stack of PS3 inventories. Does this mean that Sony's in trouble?

I still plan to get a PS3 sooner or later. I got hooked to the Metal Gear and Final Fantasy series, but maybe I can live with Mario and Zelda instead. Or maybe if PS3 truly tanks, Konami and Squenix decides to move the Metal Gear and Final Fantasy to Wii instead. hummm. OK I'll start saving again to make up of the money I lost in the last few days in the stock market bloodbath.

No comments: