Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Grrh part 2.

Well, My portfolio is rather heavy in biotechnology and Chinese stocks. So as you can imagine the past few days were pretty bad.

Now I am betting that the FDA will be scared to approve any drug that has even the slightest safety problem after the recent Glaxo Avandia bruhaha. Thing has been tough after the Vioxx case, that resulting the FDA approving less drug. Now, I bet the FDA will be scared to approve any drug application, even when the potential benefit may greatly outweigh the risk, unless it has squeaky clean profile. No one wants to be in congressional/senate hearing years from now if a drug approved today ended up having higher risk profile than initially thought.

I was enjoying some nice run with my little portfolio of Asian and Chinese stocks and ETF's. But then my old friend, Alan Greenspan, just had to take the punch bowl away, warning the market that a correction in Chinese market is imminent.

OK maybe now I should start buying gold bullions instead.

No comments: